Forwards lineup outside all four blue lines. Defenseman are located just outside the Neutral Zone.
- On Whistle, O1 skates forward a few strides into the neutral zone with the puck and passes wide to D2, while in backward motion, D2 moves the puck to his partner D1, O1 moves in support from a post up position.
- D1 passes the puck to O1, once receiving the pass O1 attacks back for a shot on net, staying at net front after shot.
- O2 moves forward with a puck inside the Neutral Zone a few strides then moves the puck to D1, D1 in backward motion passes the puck to his partner D2, O2 moves in support of the puck in the pattern shown for a pass from D2, O2 attacks back for a shot on net and stays at net front after shot.
- O3 steps forward a few strides and passes the puck to D2, D2 while in backward motion passes the puck to his partner D1, O3 button hooks or opens up along the wall, D1 passes the puck cross ice to O3, O3 attacks in for a shot on net staying at the net after shot.
- After pass D2 joins the play up ice and receives a pass from (C) in the corner, D2 accepts the pass bringing the puck in toward the middle for a shot on net with three forwards in front.
- Repeat sequence with O1, O2, and O3 with D3 and D4.
- D shoot low from the point
- D move forwards and backwards when receiving each pass
- F’s use timing motion not getting to far up ice for pass from D
- A whistle can be used for each rep or once D has made pass up ice
- Use both sides of the ice surface
- Switch variations
“This drill was taken from a Book Called “Elite Hockey Development Drills” Published by Barrett Leganchuk.
For more information on the book please check out elitehockeydevelopmentdrills.com”