Emphasizes Offensive and Defensive Net Front Play
- Begins with two players from each team inside the end zone, neutral goaltender and a point man from each team near the blue line.
- On a change of possession, each team must pass the puck to their point man before they can score.
- The point man can shoot or pass but must advance the puck quickly.
- When the puck is moved out to the opponents point man, the defenders must identify and open opponent and defend the net front.
- This version adds a second net and an assigned goal to defend.
- Defenders should pressure opponents quickly with good sticks to win back possession.
- No turning back to the play or overplaying the opposition point man.
For more drills visit ————> CoachThem
Access to our entire library of videos from our annual TeamSnap Hockey Coaches Conference. You can cancel any time, although after joining a community of coaches from all over the world using the videos on a daily basis to pick up new tips and stay relevant, we doubt you will.
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Narrow to Wide Ice Hockey Passing
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Choose Your Gap
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – 3 Man Full Ice Shots