The 3 vs 0 zone entry with backcheck is a feature drill from the 2018 Hockey Coaches Conference Drill e-Book. Presented by Winnipeg Jets assistant coach Todd Woodcroft, this is a fantastic drill for practicing offensive zone entries under multiple scenarios.
- F1 carries puck to far blue line and kicks it out to F2, continues to drive to the net
- F2 has three options:
- Shot/pass off pads
- Pass to F1
- Pass to F3 in the far-dot lane
- Add X as a back-checker, who the coach releases at different times (early/late) and from either side
- Then add 2 D + X so it is a 3 vs 2 with back check
- Driving the net hard
- Kick pass off, right before blue line without going offside
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.