- O1 starts in the middle of blue line and skates to either “sideboard” to receive the pass from X1 or X2. – After pass, X who passed battles net front against O2.
- O1 repeats to opposite “sideboard” and other X passes to O1 at the blue line and battles 2v1 net front against O2. O1 can shoot on net or look for side-tip or “shot pass.”
- Coach blows the whistle and O1 skates backwards to red line, pivots pics up puck. X1 & X2 regroup in NZ, below centre redline with O1. Net front defender, O2, gaps up and defends 2 vs 1.
Progression: 4v2 add in second defender on blue line and second defender net front.
- O1 must have head up for shots and shot tips
- O2 box out. Just focus on boxing out one player
For more drills visit ————> CoachThem
Access to our entire library of videos from our annual TeamSnap Hockey Coaches Conference. You can cancel any time, although after joining a community of coaches from all over the world using the videos on a daily basis to pick up new tips and stay relevant, we doubt you will.
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Choose Your Gap
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – 3 Man Full Ice Shots
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – 2 vs 2 Point Shot Small Area Game