- On the whistle, a puck carrier and a defensive player leave at the same time.
- The puck carrier skates around the pylons nearest him/her and turns up ice.
- The defensive player must skate the width of the ice and angle the puck carrier to the wall.
Version B: When they master the art of the angle, give the player with puck an option to turn up ice.
- Remind the players how important stick placement is.
- Drag stick behind the opposition player to force him not to cut back.
For more drills visit ————> CoachThem
Access to our entire library of videos from our annual TeamSnap Hockey Coaches Conference. You can cancel any time, although after joining a community of coaches from all over the world using the videos on a daily basis to pick up new tips and stay relevant, we doubt you will.
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Team Canada Wannabe
- CoachThem Drill of the Week: Bump Back
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Cleveland NZ Shooting