Forwards line up inside all four bluelines, Defenseman are located just outside neutral zone.
- On the whistle, (one side leaves) 01 and 02. 01 starts the drill carrying the puck into the neutral zone, then moves the puck to D1.
- D1 accepts the pass while skating backwards; 02 posts up to receive a pass from D1.
- D1 moves the puck to 02.
- 02 skates with the puck into mid ice, just before entering the offensive zone 02 chips the puck off the boards for 01 supporting across.
- 01 recovers the puck attacking for a shot on net.
- 02 drives the net looking for a rebound.
- Switch D to the middle
- D can follow up for a point shot
- Don’t chip the puck too hard off the boards, ensure 01 can pick up the puck on a good angle.
“This drill was taken from a Book Called “Elite Hockey Development Drills” Published by Barrett Leganchuk.
For more information on the book please check out elitehockeydevelopmentdrills.com”
We are sorry this post was not useful for you...
Tell us how we can improve this post?