Forwards split into two groups and line up on opposite hashmarks. Two defensemen are located just outside the neutral zone.
- On the whistle, both corners leave at the same time (one side shown). 01 carries a puck into the neutral zone.
- 01 passes the puck to D1.
- D1 pivots backwards with the puck in transition. (D can perform escape move before making pass)
- 01 supports through mid-ice and receives a return pass, from D1.
- 01 accepts the pass in the neutral zone and quickly moves it to D2.
- 01 opens up in the neutral zone to receive a return pass from D2.
- 01 moves in for shot on net. After shot, 01 stays at net front until point shot is completed.
- (Red) D2 follows the play up ice for a pass from (C). Once having received the pass, D2 brings the puck toward the middle and performs a point shot.
D Can use an escape move, (such as would be performed if a forechecker was applying up-ice pressure), after receiving the first pass from 01.
F’s double transition with both D’s
F’s ensure not to get too far up the ice in neutral zone
“This drill was taken from a Book Called “Elite Hockey Development Drills” Published by Barrett Leganchuk.
For more information on the book please check out elitehockeydevelopmentdrills.com”
We are sorry this post was not useful for you...
Tell us how we can improve this post?