Created by CoachThem’s co-founder and former NHLer Mike Weaver, the 1 vs 1 from anywhere drill emphasizes the importance of reading and reacting to your opposition’s positioning at any point in the area below the blue line.
- See also:
- F1 starts at the blue line. D1 starts in front of net (facing up ice).
- F1 skates 3/4 speed, behind goal line, around the net (staying against boards). Coach passes to F1 at any point.
- D1 remains stationary until pass is made. After pass, D1 reacts and angles F1 towards the boards.
- Goalies: Don’t cheat. Line up with the coach and track the pass. Be aggressive by being at the top of the crease.
- When F1 receives the puck, D1 has to explode out at F1 to take back any ice that is up for grabs.
- That’s somebody’s ice, must be yours!
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.