Most coaches have either seen or personally ran the bump back drill during their time in hockey. Quick passes, tight turns, and fast breaks into the offensive zone make this a great drill for getting player’s hands and legs warm at the start of practice.
- Opposite blue lines start at the same time
- F1 loops out gets a pass from F, F1 bumps it back
- F1 continues around with a bump back with the line they started from
- F1 skates across blue line receives a pass from F2, F1 bumps it back and continues wide
- F2 skates out and passes back to F1 while continuing to loop back with a bump back from F to continue the drill
- F1 goes down and shoots
- Fast moving drill
- Clean, quick, short passes
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.