Featured by Skate to Excel owner Joel Lenius, this drill focuses on deceptive retrievals and attacking the net through defenders, instead of around them.
- X1 starts by passing to either O player in the circle.
- O immediately spots the puck along the boards for X1 to retrieve.
- X1 recovers puck and passes to the other O, who also one touch passes it to the boards.
- Upon retrieving the second puck, X1 attacks the net between token defenders O, using their body and stick to shield the puck.
- Shoulder checks on retrievals.
- Change of pace, deception, puck protection, puck slips and evasive skating on attack.
Here’s how it looks in practice:
This drill is featured in the Global Skills Showcase Drill eBook. Click here to download it for free today!