Designed for your defenders, this drill presents three straight scoring chances from several spots within the offensive zone, testing their release and accuracy in the process.
- Drill starts with coach passing to D1 who takes puck towards middle of ice and shoots
- D2 passes to D1 who “one times” or controls and shoots
- Player then jumps down and coaches passes and D1 shoots backdoor
- D1 then initiates next rotation with a pass to the blue line
- Defence has three shooting skills, to middle and shoot, receive pass and shoot, and jump down to be a threat.
- When jumping down, make eye contact, have your stick on the ice, and call for the pass. Practice a quick release on net. Try to present your forehand.
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.