Featured in our Chalk Talk video with Colorado Avalanche assistant coach Nolan Pratt, this is a fantastic drill for defencemen to quickly transition from a breakout pass to setting a strong gap against an attacking forward.
- Coach dumps puck into corner for D to retrieve. At the same time, F breaks off line, into the dot lane and regoups for a breakout pass
- D wheels around net and hits F with a pass just above the hashmarks
- After pass, F continues down ice and goes inside, out around pylon, to attack the same end they broke out of
- At the same time, D skates hard to top of circle, stops, back to dot, stops and then gaps up on the attacking F
- Play out a 1v1 down ice
- Defencemen work quickly to get up ice and set strong gap
- Defencemen get inside ice and use stick to prevent the forward from cutting to the middle
Find this drill in the Marketplace at CoachThem.com!