This is a great drill for practicing your forwards’ neutral zone transition and a path to the offensive zone. Make this drill more difficult by placing a coach at the entry point of each blue line, forcing the player to make a move past a defender before driving the net for a shot.
- On whistle F1 skates up with puck and passes to F2 who provides support in the neutral zone
- F2 makes a return pass to F1 and follows up the ice
- F1 takes a shot on goal as F2 turns back up the ice and across the far blue line
- After F1 shoots, then receives a pass from F3
- F1 makes a long pass to F2 at the far blue
- F2 goes in for a shot on goal
- *both sides go at same time