The over/under attack is a classic timing drill, which incorporates two quick regroup outlets into the attacking zone. The option to add pressure or block direct passing lanes can go a long way in making this drill feel like an in-game situation.
- On whistle, X1 passes to X4, drives to red line and stops.
- X1 receives pass from X4, jumps off wall, attacking the mid-lane for a shot on net before stopping at net.
- At the same time, X2 skates length of blue line and passes back and forth with X3.
- X3 holds puck while X2 skates to wall and then up red line, cutting across to far dot.
- X2 receives a stretch pass from the opposite side X3 and goes in for a shot on net.
- Driving lanes hard
- Emphasis on jumping off the wall
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.