Courtesy of KHL video coach and contributor to The Coaches Site, Mitch Giguere, this drill will help your players master using the flanker on the power play.
- See also:
- D skates down the wall and pivots backwards, as the D makes their pivot, F1 passes them the puck.
- D skates across the line with deception and F1 follows the D up, getting inside the blue line dot.
- D gives it back to F1, who then attacks downhill.
- 2nd puck, same start as above, but on opposite side.
- 3rd puck, same start as above, but with both forwards. Start on (1) side. Both forwards are working on the seam pass.
- 4th puck, same start as above, but on second side.
You can have three options with your flankers:
- Double one-timer
- Single one-timer
- Strong side
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.