Featured by Skate to Excel owner Joel Lenius, this drill focuses on reading pressure from the opposition and using evasive moves across multiple waves of defenders.
- The drill starts with X1 standing facing the boards and receiving a spotted puck from X2.
- X2 follows their pass and provides token pressure towards X1.
- X1 must use shoulder checks to read the pressure and then use an evasive move to spin away from their opponent.
- X1 then attacks the net and uses another evasive move around X3 who acts as a defender, also providing token pressure.
- Be patient and wait for X2 to get close before spinning away.
- Using shoulder checks to be aware of your surroundings. Use your body to shield the puck from your opponent.
- Accelerating out of escapes/exits to create separation after your skill execution.
Here’s how it looks in practice:
This drill is featured in the Global Skills Showcase Drill eBook. Click here to download it for free today!