The regroup small area game is a great drill for puck possession and developing the hockey sense to move to open space without the puck. This will force your players to move their feet and create space without the puck, which is great practice for real in-game situations.
- 3 vs 3 game where each team has a player behind their own net
- Coach dumps in puck to begin play
- Each team must regroup with their goal line player before attacking opposing team
- Must regroup on change of possession
- Player must stay behind goal line but can move laterally to open up space for team