For all the skills coaches out there, this is a great individual skill drill to add to your arsenal. While the passes under and over the net are important here, the main focus is finding free space, opening up the hips and aligning the body for a quick one timer on net.
- Net is laying on the ground, with two pucks under each corner of the crossbar to create a pass through opening
- X1 starts by passing under net to X2, who then does a saucer pass over the flipped net, to X1
- After pass, X2 skates towards boards, opening up for a quick one timer
- Repeat same pass sequence but opening up to the middle of the ice for a shot on goal
- Open hips and align body for the one timer
- If flipped net is too advanced, try saucer pass over a small deviator instead
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.