The classic ‘missed shot’ strategy. A purposely missed point shot can be a great way of opening up the front of the net – but only if the forward can anticipate and react quickly to the bounce off the end boards. Puck placement and agility are keys to making this a successful drill.
- F passes to D and heads to the front of the net to screen goalie
- D walks line and takes a shot, purposely missing wide of the net
- F jumps out, retrieves puck from end wall and takes a shot on net
- D walk blue line and get to shooting area quickly
- D get head up to see where forward is, shoot to get puck off wall and into slot area
- D makes a decision to shot on net or for a bounce off the boards
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com