Building on the 3 vs 3 transition game, which focused on using support players to create offence, this small area game places two defenders at the top of each zone and forces a D-to-D pass before a shot attempt can be made.
- See also:
- 2 vs 2 game where each team has two D stationed at each half wall
- D on each team must play stationary
- Coach dumps in puck to begin play
- Each team’s forwards must battle for the puck and pass it to their respective D
- Forwards battling for net-front positioning and jumping on rebounds
- Defence, low hard shots
- Play must go D-to-D
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.