Each post that’s published here at The Coaches Site falls into a certain category. Culture, video, specific conferences – there are also tags that make the site easier to navigate, and these can get pretty specific. Practice planning, systems, forecheck – there’s a lot of ground to cover, and with the massive library of content we’ve got, it can get really specific. But there’s one tag that applies almost universally to everything here: Communication.
This is the third of a 6 part series called Training Camp Exceptional. Here’s the criteria we used:
As the range of contributing coaches demonstrates, we made a distinction between training camp and tryouts. This series is generally intended for junior hockey and older, though many elements will no doubt apply to U18 and younger.
Each post will cover the bones of training camp, from the planning, implementation, and fall-out. Hopefully you’ll get some inspiration or knowledge to help you run your next camp.
- Training Camp Exceptional Part 1: Schedules, volunteers & extras
- Training Camp Exceptional Part 2: On-ice training camp options
- Training Camp Exceptional Part 3: Pre-game guidance and communication
- Training Camp Exceptional Part 4: Training camp evaluation
- Training Camp Exceptional Part 5: Exit meetings
- Training Camp Exceptional Part 6: Post-camp team building
We are sorry this post was not useful for you...
Tell us how we can improve this post?