The Vancouver Thunderbird Minor Hockey Association is looking for qualified minor hockey coaches to fill coaching positions for all streams of the Association – Rep, Recreational and Initiation – for the upcoming 2017/18 Hockey Season. Vancouver Thunderbirds, which is based on the west side of Vancouver, is one of the largest minor hockey associations in BC and is committed to supporting and developing our coaches.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in player evaluation and selection.
- Implementing seasonal progression plans.
- Planning and conducting practices and any extracurricular skill development.
- Planning and implementing pregame player preparation and communication.
- Supervising players and ensuring compliance with Team/Association rules during all team events.
- Strong hockey background.
- Respect in Sport Certification.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Required Coaching Certifications.