The 2 vs 2 ‘either way’ is an extremely competitive small area game that exaggerates the importance of being aware of your surroundings during a game situation. By providing two nets to score on, players must defend well and create open space for their attack.
- Coach spots puck and players compete 2 vs 2 and can score on either goalie.
- Spot new puck when goal is scored.
- 20-25 second shifts. The next four players jump in on the whistle.
- Keep score, make it competitive, and put something on the line.
- Note: This drill can be taxing on the goalies.