Forwards line up on all four hash marks. Defensemen are
located outside blue lines.
1. On whistle, both corners leave at the same time, O1 and
O3 (one side shown). O1 starts with a puck, moving toward
O2. O2 at the same time has left up ice, heading into neutral
2. O1 moves the puck up ice to O2. O1 and O2 head up ice
into neutral zone and exchange passes.
3. O2 gives a pass to D1; D1 moves the puck to D2; O1
moves wide through the neutral zone; O2 takes the inside
4. D2 moves the puck to O2; and O2 moves the puck wide
5. O1 drives up ice wide, shooting to create a rebound at net
front. O2 drives the net for rebound.
6. After making the pass, (RED) D2 follows the play up ice.
D2 receives a pass from O1 Line. D2 brings the puck toward
mid ice for a shot on net.
-D Hinge – With D partner
-Cross Ice Pass – First pass in transition to D2, D2 to D1; D1
cross ice pass to O1 wide
-D Quick Up – (eliminate the D to D pass)
• Drill starts on whistle
• D’s work to support their partner in transition
• F’s work on proper depth and timing up ice
“This drill was taken from a Book Called “Elite Hockey Development Drills” Published by Barrett Leganchuk.
For more information on the book please check out elitehockeydevelopmentdrills.com”
We are sorry this post was not useful for you...
Tell us how we can improve this post?