Provided by USA Hockey’s Dave Starman (follow him on Twitter: @DStarmanHockey), this fast-paced drill will put every single player at practice to the test — including your goaltenders — as they tackle a variety of game situations, including odd-man rushes and breakaways.
- See also:
- Coach passes to LW or RW for a shot on goal.
- After shot, coach gives winger another puck for a 2v1 back against D1.
- After the 2 vs 1 shot, the centre (C) passes to either winger and joins the rush for a 3v2 back against D2 with D1 chasing.
- Coach passes to the high slot player after the rush (usually the centre coming late) and they go back the other direction for a breakaway with D2 chasing. Start again with the next line.
- The TEAM must score 15 goals before the drill ends.
- Good combination drill for the goaltenders with a variety of game situations.
- Players must think quick.
- Defence play a variety of situations including some where they are chasing down the rush.
- Both fun and challenging for all positions. Conditioning is hidden in this drill… they’ll love you for it!
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.