Make the most of your small-ice setup by running two shooting drills simultaneously, one focused on reaction shooting and the other on adjusting to tough one-timer feeds.
- See also:
- Drill 1: Reaction Shooting
- X starts above circle with puck and banks pass off bumper, moving quickly to retrieve it
- O reads attacker and chooses which side they take away
- X must react to the defender and choose alternate route to net, taking a hard shot on goal
- Switch positions and repeat
Drill 2: Bad Pass 1 Timer
- X and O start on opposite sides of the zone, take turns making 1 timer passes to their partner
- Passes should purposely be either in front or behind partner
- Aim of drill is to practice taking a one timer that’s not in the perfect position
- Run drills in pairs
- Players should be aware of their position on the ice at all times and focus on shooting with a purpose
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.