A classic continuous 2 vs 0, the 3-player horseshoe is a drill that’s found in the playbooks of coaches around the world. It’s a great warmup which integrates a quick outlet from the defensive zone and allows players to be creative on their zone entries and attack to the net.
- X1 and O1 leave their ends without a puck
- Players turn at pylon and each receive pass from the corner, take puck to the wall, while the passers take the middle ice
- X2 and O2 takes off in support
- First player drifts to middle and passes to trailer, trailer goes hard and wide, passes to first player in the slot for a shot
- Trailer becomes first player and the drill becomes continuous
- Follow with one-player and two-player horseshoe as a progression
- Support, weaving and moving as a unit
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.