Created by former Washington Capitals assistant coach Reid Cashman, this 1v1 drill works on the important skills of awareness and agility. While created for defencemen, it can be great practice for forwards too!
- See also:
- Coach passes puck to X1 to start the drill
- X1 must skate around nets in a figure 8 direction, while escaping pressure from X2
- X2 is allowed one stop/reverse direction at each net, and X1 must react accordingly and attempt to skate the opposite direction
- Drill stops when the coach puts their stick on the ice to signal X1 passing them the puck
- Agility escape drill
- Shoulder checks are key in understanding your surroundings
- High pace while cutting the net
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.