This is a great drill to work on exiting the defensive zone while under pressure from a pressing defenceman. The role of the coach here is key — he/she can either take away the board play or the middle of the ice, forcing the offence to make a decision on a safe exit out of the defensive zone.
- A drill every coach should have in their toolbox: The Rondo
- The one drill that will improve your team’s rush defence: The Arsenal Rush
- Diagonal lines, X1 and O1 start at the same time
- X1 leaves with puck and passes to X2 who gets off wall and chips puck pass coach back to X1
- X1 takes a wide shot with X2 driving to the net
- X2 sell a break to the middle before chipping it to the outside
- X1 cuts hard off back shoulder of coach to retrieve puck
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.