This drill focuses on multiple elements for your team’s defenders: defence, breakout progression, wheel, and quick up. From corner puck retrieval, to quick passes out of the zone, to walking the line with a hard shot on net, this drill has it all. Take time to work on the key points of this drill and only progress the pace if they’re done correctly.
- 3 D line up behind each other in neutral zone
- D1 breakout, D2 wall outlet, D3 shooter
- Puck in dumped; D1 retrieves and quick up pass to outlet, outlet to D3 for a shot
- Rotate roles each time
- Progression: same drill but D retrieving puck will wheel the net and D2 and D3 head to opposite side on the dump
- Quick to the puck
- Shoulder check; both shoulders if time
- Pick puck up on a good skating angle, get it on your forehand and make a good pass
- Use good shooting techniques at the blue line
For more great drills like this, visit CoachThem.com.