Featured in our Chalk Talk video with Colorado Avalanche assistant coach Nolan Pratt, this is a fantastic drill for defencemen to immediately set a strong gap, control the centre of the ice, and hold a solid net-front position.
- See also:
- Drill runs one way at a time
- F1 starts with puck in corner, passes to D1 who goes D-D and D2 takes a shot on net
- F1 and F2 drive the net for a screen/ rebound finish
- On whistle, coach passes a puck to F1 and FWDs break out of zone
- Both Ds surf up and set a strong gap on the attack, taking the ice away from the forwards early
- After play down ice, a new set of D jumps in the play, new forwards make a pass to the point and attack the net
- The original D1 and D2 box out the new forwards and seal the net front
- After play, new forwards break out of zone and the drill is continuous
- Defencemen gather ice and get a strong gap early, don’t cheat
- Defencemen should force the play to the outside and don’t stagger position
Find this drill in the Marketplace at CoachThem.com!