This drill comes courtesy of Edmonton Oilers assistant coach Glen Gulutzan, and seen in our Chalk Talk series. The “OZ Puck Retrieval – Half Wall” drill is all about the details of body positioning and deception. Although simple in theory, this covers fundamental skills for effective offensive zone possession.
- See also:
- Coach starts in middle with pucks, X1 standing inside the circle with back facing the coach
- Coach dumps a puck off wall and immediately jumps into play to put pressure on X1
- X1 battles for position with coach for 3-5 seconds and then chooses either a high or low path to the net
- If high path, player will have to make evasive move around a stationary defender O and go in for a shot
- Part 2: Same play, but this time the coach rims a puck from the goal line
- Skate with puck on first touch
- Puck protection under pressure
Find this drill in the Marketplace at CoachThem.com!