Want to see sparks fly at the end of your next practice? The New York Ranger Powerplay Game was a key for us during our run leading up to the playoffs. It was the last thing we’d do in the last practice before playing a game for the entire second half of our season. Sticks were broken, egos bruised, and competition reigned supreme. Put a green tea latte at the airport on the line and watch what happens.
- X1 & X4 play 1on1 inside the centre ice circle – they can’t cross the red line
- The green team can pass to each other, so can the blues
- The players on the outside of the circle can’t cross centre or enter the circle
- Play games up to 5 or 6
- Quick passes – if you wait too long to make a play then the defending player will have time to get in the way
- Shoot the puck!
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Cross Ice Angling
- CoachThem Drill of the Week – Team Canada Warm Up
- Glenn Carnegie – Puck Protection pt.2